Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blog Post #16 Final Reflection

Part 1:

Honestly, I wouldn't change my blog post #1 very much after going through this class. I do still plan on using pencils, crayons, and paper a lot. I do plan on using technology more than I originally thought. I am going to be a elementary special education teacher and I thought there is no way those kids are going to be able to comprehend the technology the way a normal elementary class would. I went and visited a special education class and changed my mind. The teacher started the class every morning with the SMARTboard. The screen had the day of the week, a calender and different choices of weather. Each student got to get up and pick what day it was, what the date was, and what the weather was like outside. Next they would have to match the different colored socks or put outfits together. She used the SMARTboard to teach them everyday things that would help them in life. I thought that it was a really awesome idea to teach them something that they will use for the rest of their lives. I have learned a lot more to do with the SMARTboards than what I did with them in school and I will definitely use them a lot more than I thought I would.

Part 2:

1 comment:

  1. So you didn't believe me at first?! Moderation is important in what we take on - as you now know.

    ReplyDelete