Sunday, September 15, 2013

Blog Assignment #4

I absolutely loved 1st Graders Create Own Read Along Book! I have always enjoyed listening to people that really get into character when they read stories! I feel that children especially do this because they have greater imaginations than adults. I've never thought on recording students while reading the different parts in a book. I feel that recording them and letting them listen to it can help many ways. It pushes them to practice at becoming better readers and lets them creative with the voices they use for their character.
I really enjoyed listening to the podcast of Vacation Under the Volcano in Podcasting with First Grade! I grew up reading the Magic Tree House books and I love hearing 1st graders read them! They sound like they are really enjoying it! She says in her blog that her shy students began coming out of their shell and being more confident. I love that this activity didn't only help them with reading better but also gave them more confidence to express themselves to their class mates!
The kids enthusiasm in the Flat Stanley Podacast just flew out of my computer speakers! I loved that the whole class got involved and not just a few students! Having the students come up with a script of their own journey as "Flat Stanley" was a great idea!


2 comments:

  1. Hi!


    I really love the way the children become so involved in the books, also! On the recordings they sound so excited and use so much emotion while reading! There were I a few things a noticed in your post, that could help take your post to the next level!


    The first item I saw that needed to be corrected was your links. The code used did not work, so it looks like an actual url in your post.


    The next thing I noticed was there are no indentions in your paragraph, so it is a bit hard to wee where one begins and the next paragraph starts.


    The last thing I noticed was in your sentence, “She says in her blog that her shy students began coming out of their shell and being more confident.” Who is she? You never say a name or the teacher, just she and her.


    Overall, the content was well written and very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to proofread and include alt and title modifiers. The instructions for alt and title modifiers are in the instruction manual.
    Your post started off well then fell flat. Don't quit now!

    ReplyDelete