Sunday, June 22, 2014

Blog Post #8

I admire Randy Pausch very much! I love his positive attitude in his last lecture despite that he has cancer. The fact that he could laugh and joke around is awesome to me! My favorite quote from his lecture is "We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand". He has such a positive outlook on life and accepts the fact that he was given only a few months to live. This only made Pausch start living life to the fullest and following his dreams. 


During the lecture, Pausch talks about following your childhood dreams. His childhood dreams included being in the NFL and being a Disney Imagineer. He says anything is possible if you want it bad enough and you work toward it. He accomplishes most of his dreams by the time he did his last lecture. As a child, I had millions of thing that I wanted to accomplish in my life. Now some of the things on the list seem silly but others I still with I could do. As teachers, we need to encourage the dreams of children and help then set goals. One thing that really stood out to me in his lecture was when he says “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”  Sometimes when times get tough we just give up. It is very encouraging to know that even through the tough times Pausch was going through, he broke down his brick walls and kept a positive outlook on life. I have a hard time doing this sometimes. Sometimes I can be a pessimistic person. After watching this video I have realized I don't have a reason to be! I need to quit giving up and break my brick walls down. 



2 comments:

  1. Good content. Make sure to answer the question fully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Savanah! I thought the same things as you while I watched Randy Pausch's last lecture. There have been many times I have wanted to quit and give up. Thank God I wanted it bad enough and stayed in the 'game'. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. I have hit many brick walls in my life; I climbed over them and went on. I can only hope that if I ever found myself in a situation where I was only given so many months or weeks to live, that I would live the rest of my life to the fullest and find peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete